Monday, November 23, 2009

Sin Synthetic's Adam Lambert "Stalker" song being taken down



The underground artist Sin Synthetic has made a bit of a buzz on the internet after the release of his song named "ADAM LAMBERT". You can still hear the song at his myspace at www.SinSynthetic.com It was a fun campy song made about Adam Lambert through the eyes of a stalker.

The singer told us he researched if he was able to use Adam Lambert as the title of the song. His findings were: "I thought I could do this based on research I did previously on the matter. When I researched this I found that you can title a song after a person if the song is directly about that individual. As in the Rosa Parks v. LaFace Records where Rosa Parks case was dismissed in November 1999 by U.S. District Court Judge Barbara Hackett. Rosa Parks v. LaFace Records, et al. was a lawsuit filed in March 1999 on Rosa Parks' behalf against American hip-hop duo OutKast and LaFace Records, claiming that the group had illegally used Rosa Parks' name without her permission for the song."

We researched this and it is true that this case was dismissed based on first amendment rights. However, it seems Sin Synthetic isn't as lucky as a band with deep pockets. As of right now ALL of Sin Synthetic's music sales are being taken from him due to infringement legal matters that have been set into place.

"It is hard for me to except the fact that all my music sales are being taken from me. Even songs that have nothing to do with this. If this continues... I'm not sure of the future of SIN SYNTHETIC."

It has been reported that Adam Lambert himself has heard this song and claimed he "LOVED it and was very flattered by it." So who in his camp is putting the pressure on Sin Synthetic is not clear.

Sin Synthetic had this to make clear: " I will always love Adam Lambert. I believe in him and his music. I made these songs out of fun admiration for him. If someone would have just asked me to rename it from his camp I would have. I don't believe Adam himself has anything to do with the taking of all my music's sales."

What do you think? Did Sin Synthetic have this coming or do you think that this is just big business picking on a small underground artist that has no financial means to compete against them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment